How sex trafficker lured us with fake Dubai trip – Victim







NEMA has received about 109 stranded Nigerians repatriated from Mali.

The returnees arrived International Wing of Murtala Muhammed International Airport Ikeja today at about 3.15am with 11 adult men, 89 adult young women as well as four boys and five girls.

They were assisted back into the country by the International Organisation of Migration (IOM).

Addressing the returnees on arrival, the Director General of NEMA, AVM Muhammad A Muhammadu (rtd), urged them to always avoid fraudulent offers of greener pastures abroad.

He admonished them to always be wary of close family friends and relatives who lure them into avoidable hazards.

He appealed to them to make better use of their lives and assured them of government’s readiness to assist them through several social development programmes and other incentives.

Speaking on arrival, Miss Irhobosa Lawrence Orhumnzie aged 21, said she left Nigeria about six months ago with the hope of going to Dubai.

“My madam (Trafficker) took about 25 of us and told us that she would take us to Dubai.
We took off from Lagos and crossed over to Cotonou in Togo and from there we went straight to Mali.

But as we entered Bamako, Mali, the Malian Police arrested our madam and all of

They asked if we were interested in going back to Nigeria  and all of us volunteered to return to our country.

We don’t know what is happening with our Madam.

They asked us if we are interested in dealing with our madam. We just told them that they should do whatever they want to do with her but we just wish to go back to Nigeria.

From there, we were taken to the Nigerian Embassy but the Coronavirus pandemic did not allow the embassy to bring us until IOM came to our rescue.

We had been staying in the embassy all along.

I am happy to be in Nigeria. I thank President Muhammadu Buhari for the good ways the embassy have been treating us. The embassy people are very good and caring,” she stated.

Metrostarng learnt that they would be kept in isolation for two weeks to ascertain their COVID-19 status before being allowed to go home.