Champion-elect Man City to host struggling Chelsea at Etihad


Champion elect Man City to host struggling Chelsea at the Etihad.

A game with nothing at stake but with all the promises of an amazing contest


Champions elect Manchester City would be playing Chelsea in what’s a dead rubber match with City assured of the title and Chelsea assured of escaping relegation and not qualifying for Europe, there’s more or less nothing at stake for the match; City would most likely be presented with the trophy and Chelsea would likely give them a guard of honor, Chelsea looks likely to get a bottom-half finish in the Premier League for the first time since 1995–96 and would be hoping for the misery to be over Chelsea enter Sunday’s contest having failed to win any of their last 14 Premier League games against teams starting the day above them in the table, while they have lost six of their last seven visits to the Etihad Manchester City are in the form of their lives, fresh from eliminating defending Champions League title holders. Real Madrid


City have already won the title,but they need to be in the right shape as they have both the FA and UCL Cup finals standing between them and a treble, City to win any half, also over 2.5 goals, over 6.5 shots, over 4.5 corners, over 4.5 throw-ins, and Chelsea to have lower ball possession.

Data Analysis

Manchester City has a win probability of 70%. A draw has a probability of 17%, and a win for Chelsea has a probability of 13%.

The most likely score line for a Manchester City win is 2-0, with a probability of 9.6%. The next most likely score lines for that outcome are 2-1 (9.13%) and 3-0 (8.46%). The likeliest drawn scoreline is 1-1 (6.9%), while for a Chelsea win it is 1-2 (3.28%).

Players to watch out for


He has been in extraordinary form this season, scoring 36 league goals, this season is almost complete, and he will be looking to add to his tally, the Norwegian super star has seven goals in his last ten outings and would be ready to punish an already punished Chelsea side.

Raheem Sterling

He would be returning to the stadium of the club he left earlier this season, he has had a poor season but scored a brace last week, he would want to still punish his ex-team and prove a point.

Players out

Manchester City do not have any notable injury worries.


As for Chelsea, Benoit Badiashile is out after he picked up a groin injury in training Reece James, Ben Chilwell, Marc Cucurella (all hamstring), Mason Mount (pelvic), N’Golo Kante(groin), and Armando Broja (knee) are also ruled out with injuries, while Kalidou Koulibaly (hamstring) and Mateo Kovacic (unspecified) are both doubtful.

Probable Manchester City Lineup (4-2-3-1): Ederson; Stones; Dias; Laporte; Akanji; Rodri; Gundogan; Mahrez; De Bruyne; Foden; Haaland

Probable Chelsea Lineup (4-3-3): Kepa; Chalobah, Silva, Badiashile, Hall; Loftus-Cheek, Fernandez, Gallagher; Madueke, Felix, Sterling

Manchester City Premier League form:


Manchester City form (all competitions):


Chelsea Premier League form:


Chelsea form (all competitions):


Key Stats

Manchester City have won their last three Premier League games against Chelsea, all by a 1-0 scoreline, they have never won four in a row against the Blues in their league history, the Citizens have won all three of their meetings with Chelsea in all competitions this season, the only side to beat the Blues four times in a single campaign is Manchester United, who did so in 2010/11.

Manchester City have won their final home league game in eight of the last nine seasons, the exception being a 2-2 draw with Arsenal in 2015/16. Their last such defeat came against Norwich City in 2012–13.

Since the start of last season, Chelsea have won none of their 14 Premier League games against sides starting the day above them in the table (D4 L10), losing each of their last three.

Manchester City have scored 59 home Premier League goals this season. On only three previous occasions has a side netted 60+ goals in a campaign: Chelsea in 2009/10 (68), Manchester City in both 2013/14 (63) and 2017/18 (61).

Riyad Mahrez has scored four goals in Manchester City’s three games against Chelsea in all competitions this season, opening the scoring in each match. The last Manchester City player to score in four games against an opponent in a single season was Dennis Tueart against Norwich City in 1975/76.


the hoth guest post