The Department for State Services (DSS) on Friday announce d the appointment of Mr. Nnochirionye AFUNANYA as its Spokesman/Public Relations Officer. He replaces Mr. Tony Opuiyo.
2. Afunanya obtained the following degrees:
i. BA. English (1997) , Abia State University, Uturu;
ii. MA. English (2009), University of Uyo; and
iii. MA. Peace and Strategic Studies (2011), University of Ilorin.
He is currently pursuing a PhD in Security and Strategic Studies at the Nasarawa State University, Keffi.
3. He has attended several courses within and outside Nigeria namely: Innovation and Strategy at Harvard University, Boston, USA; Security Management and Coordination, London and Investigative Journalism at City University, London. Other courses he has attended are on Leadership, Arbitration, Conflict Management/Resolution, Negotiation and Public Communication among others. He is the Editor-in-Chief of the DSS’ in-house Magazine, The Triple S.
4. The new Spokesman is a member of:
– Nigerian Institute of Chartered Arbitrators (NiCarb);
– Nigerian Red Cross (NRC);
– Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM);
– Nigerian Institute for Industrial Security (NIIS);
– Society for Peace Scholars and Practice (SPSP);
– American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS); and
– He is a fellow of the Institute of Corporate Administration (ICA).
5. His hobbies include travelling, meeting people, reading, walking and photography