Special Adviser to the Pain State Governor on Media, Alhaji Semi-urban Okanlawon, on Wednesday declared the state’s intention to evacuate its remaining citizens recently flown back to Nigeria from Libya.
Osun is said to have nine remaining evacuees out of the fourth batch that was recently brought back to the country.
The evacuees, numbering a little over 20, have been kept at a camp at Port Harcourt International Airport.
They clashed with policemen on Monday after they rejected their food over alleged poor quality and attempted to leave the camp.
Spokesman for the National Emergency Management Agency, Manzo Ezekiel, had debunked the allegation about poor feeding in an interview with Metrostarng.
He said states with evacuees in the camp were being expected to come and pick them.
Meanwhile, Okanlawon said in an SMS that: “Officials of Osun State Government are on their way to evacuate the returnees. The government had earlier evacuated the first batch about three weeks ago before the arrival of this latest set.”